Wednesday, January 16, 2013

Baby #3

So I have decided to do the whole blog your pregnancy thing. I will try to keep up with just once a month.

For a little back ground, I told Dave sometime early this last summer that I felt there was another baby to come to our family. He wasn't convinced and I wanted to wait until the end of the summer to start trying anyway. We decided to talk about it then. Well at the beginning of October I found out that I got pregnant even on birth control. We lost that baby just two days later at 5 weeks.

Well not quite two months later we found out that I was pregnant again. This time was great because I actually felt pregnant.




We got our first ultrasound last week and everything looks great. Baby is measuring about four days small. That is not surprising at all because Hanna measured six days small and Tucker measured 2 days small. It was so funny because the ultrasound tech told us "there is one baby" but she said it like she was still looking for more. Dave was like "What does that mean! Is there more?!" There is really only one.

We told the kids that they were getting another sibling. I am not sure Tucker really understands. Hanna is really excited and keeps telling me that there is a baby sleeping in my tummy.

I may post pregnancy pics of myself down the road but there is nothing to see now.

So here's how things are going so far:

10 Weeks
Due: August 8th
Maternity clothes: no- still in my regular pants
Weight Gain: none yet
Sick: very nauseous but no vomiting
Mood: varies- mostly happy but fatigue is not helping. I am looking forward to the second trimester.
Gender: most think boy including my doctor but there are a couple who think girl. Dave and I have no idea at this point. With both our other kids I knew right from the start.
Hoping for: either- we have a boy and a girl so this time doesn't matter.
Movement: I am pretty positive I felt those first flutters today. I know it is early but I felt Tucker this early too. With Tucker I figured it was just in my head until a couple days later when we had the ultrasound and his movements matched the flutters I was feeling.
Preeclampsia: has not wielded it's ugly head yet but is not expected until much later.
I miss: having energy
Excited for: our next appointment- I love prenatal visits

I know that it is drama but I will be posting about preeclampsia during this pregnancy. Not to get attention but because I have been trying to find information and personal stories since I was pregnant with Hanna and there is just not much out there- especially for a third pregnancy. If you are not interested I don't blame you. Please skip this part. I had preeclampsia with both my other kids. I was induced at 34 weeks with Hanna and 36 weeks with Tucker because of severe preeclampsia. They both stopped growing about two weeks before their births, I measure small and had very little amniotic fluid. My doctor says that if you have it the first time you have at 25% chance of having it the next time. If you have it the next time you have a 50% chance of getting it a third time. It was good to hear that my chances are still only half. However he also said if I do get chances are it will be sooner and more severe. Those are the stats but how I really feel was said perfectly in a TV show I like called "Scrubs" and Dr. Cox says "statistics mean nothing to the individual." Precautions I am taking this time are taking two tums each day for the calcium, taking a baby aspirin every day (this is new to this pregnancy, I did not try this before), watching the weight gain-trying to keep it under 25 pounds, exercising as much as sickness and fatigue allow. I have been jogging on the treadmill and doing Pilates. I hope I can do more once I get into the second trimester. All of these things are to try and prevent this disease. They have shown in tests to reduce the risk. There is nothing out there that for sure prevents it as they do not know what causes it. I will also be having lots of tests to try and detect preeclampsia early. Things that put you at risk are obesity, excessive weight gain, diabetes, previous history or family history, multiples, previous high blood pressure, and being under 15 or over 40 years old. I don't have any of these other than now I have previous history and the high blood pressure never went away after I had Hanna. It is supposed to go away after delivery. If there is anyone who come across this blog with experiences or questions about preeclampsia please feel free to either leave a comment or email me.

- Posted by Brianna

No comments:

Post a Comment