Tuesday, August 7, 2012

Yellowstone Continued

When I posted about Yellowstone before part of my post got cut off. So here it is:




Ice-cream break at Mammoth Hot Springs







Buffalo at the whistling mountain. 


We went fishing a few time while we were there at Yellowstone Lake. It was my first time and it was thrilling!









Hanna loved the hot pools. This one was so hot that the steam was coming off and even it was hot.







The highlight of the trip for me was catching my first ever fish. it was so thrilling that all I could do was laugh so hard that we thought I would loose him for sure. You can't us barbed hooks there. Dave kept telling me to keep my pole up in the air, but I just couldn't. I was laughing to hard. I finally reeled it onto the shore and as luck would have it I caught a Yellowstone Cut-throat Trout. You are not allowed to keep them so I had to release it back into the lake. Even that was cool though. I owe a huge thanks to Dave and Amy for being patient and waiting for me to get my fish, and to Dave for making sure I got a picture with my first fish.

It was a great trip and we are headed back very soon. 

No comments:

Post a Comment